My Canadian TRV was rejected for lack of ties to my home country. How can I prove to the Canadian government I will go back?

A common reason that Canadian international students and temporary workers have their Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) rejected is insufficient proof that they will return to their home country when their visa expires.

In other words, foreign nationals hoping to enter Canada for a short time, either to pursue their education or work here temporarily, can be turned back if the officer at a Port of Entry does not trust that they will leave the country in accordance with the dates on their permit.

Note: Immigration officers have significant discretion when judging TRV applications, even when doing so based on delivery instructions from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Schedule a Free Work Permit Consultation with the Cohen Immigration Law Firm

There are several reasons why a Canadian immigration officer may feel this way and decide to reject a temporary resident’s visa. Among the most common is that the officer sees a lack of family ties between the temporary residence applicant and their home country.

This is one of the most common things that can represent cause for concern to Canadian officials that the applicant may not return to their country of origin when required.

If you have had your TRV rejected for “lack of family ties” or would like to ensure that you can adequately prove your family ties before coming to Canada, what follows will provide five ways you can prove to Canadian immigration authorities that you will, in fact, be returning to your home country at the end of your stay.

Return to work

If a Canadian temporary resident applicant (who is currently working in their home country) has been given a promise that they will be re-hired by their current employer at the end of their stay in Canada, the individual may use documented proof of this commitment to show an immigration officer that they will return home.

Property ownership

TRV applicants who own or lease a home in their home country should include documents such as a lease or mortgage agreement to prove that they have an asset to return to at the end of their time in Canada.

Existing job offers

If a TRV applicant is coming to Canada for work or school but has a commitment from an employer in their home country stating that they will be hired upon their return, they can use job offer letters as proof of their intent to return to their home country.

Existing financial assets

Financial statements from active bank accounts in a TRV applicant’s country of origin, as well as stocks and bonds, can help the applicant demonstrate their intent to return once their Canadian permit expires.

Upcoming commitments

To the same effect as a future job offer letter, proof of enrollment in a post-secondary program in your home country is one way to possibly satisfy an immigration officer that you have a reason to return home. This is because enrollment letters show that you have a good reason to want to go back at the end of your stay in this country.

One key tip for preparing your Canadian TRV application: detail!

The strongest Canadian immigration applications are often also the most detailed. Therefore, it is recommended that Canadian TRV applicants do their best to complete their application in as much detail as possible, which can include the submission of multiple documents that prove such things as your intent to return home when your permit expires.

This is because documents such as the ones listed in the section above help validate to Canadian immigration authorities that you truly intend to have a temporary stay in this country.

In other words, instead of including just the financial statements associated with an active bank account in your home country or a copy of the ease associated with the home you possess, include both documents to strengthen your application and help prove to immigration authorities that you are a worthy TRV candidate.

Click here for more information on increasing your chances of TRV approval as a Canadian study permit applicant.

Understanding Dual Intent

An important recent development in Canadian immigration has been the validation of dual intent as a way of navigating around the need to prove you will return to your home country after your TRV expires.

As of April 5th this year, IRCC has altered rules that now make it necessary for immigration officers to acknowledge “that having two intents, initially for temporary residence and eventually for permanent residence, is legitimate.”

Dual intent allows an incoming temporary resident to profess that they desire to settle permanently in Canada upon the expiry of their TRV, meaning that they would not need to necessarily leave Canada when they complete the term indicated on their study or work permit.

Schedule a Free Work Permit Consultation with the Cohen Immigration Law Firm

Visit,immigration refugees and citizenship canada,IRCC,permanent residence,study,temporary resident visa,trv,work

Lien source Click below


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *