Express Entry: IRCC invites 1,280 candidates in first April draw

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has issued invitations to candidates in the first Express Entry draw of April.

The department issued 1,280  invitations to apply (ITAs) in a general draw.

Candidates required a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 549 to be considered.

Get a Free Express Entry Assessment

Today’s draw is the first of the month following four draws throughout March.

General draws occurred on March 12 and 25. The draw on March 12 issued ITAs to 2,850 candidates with a minimum CRS score of 525. The March 25 draw invited 1,980 candidates with a score of 524.

The two category-based selection draws had notably lower CRS scores. On March 13, IRCC invited 975 candidates in transport occupations and a minimum CRS score of 430.

The final draw of the month, on March 26, invited 1,500 candidates eligible under the category for French language proficiency. Candidates required a minimum CRS of 388, which is still the highest minimum score for this category so far in 2024. Two other French proficiency draws this year had minimum CRS scores of 336 and 365.

Summary of Express Entry draw results in 2024

Date Draw Type Number of ITAs Minimum CRS
March 26 French language proficiency 1,500 388
March 25 General 1,980 524
March 13 Transport occupations 975 430
March 12 General 2,850 525
February 29 French language proficiency 2,500 336
February 28 General 1,470 534
February 16 Agriculture and agri-food occupations 150 437
February 14 Healthcare occupations 3,500 422
February 13 General 1,490 535
February 1 French language proficiency 7,000 365
January 31 General 730 541
January 23 General 1,040 543
January 10 General 1,510 546

What is category-based selection?

Category-based selection draws were introduced in May 2023 as a means for IRCC to better target Express Entry candidates with in-demand skills or human capital attributes.

The department introduced six categories in 2023 and confirmed earlier this year that the same categories will be used throughout 2024. They are:

  • Healthcare occupations
  • Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
  • Trades occupations, such as carpenters, plumbers, and contractors
  • Transport occupations
  • Agriculture and agri-food occupations
  • Strong French proficiency

Candidates must already have an application in the Express Entry pool to be considered for category-based selection.

What is Express Entry?

Express Entry is an application management system for three of Canada’s most prominent economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).

Through these programs, applicants are evaluated based on their human capital factors such as their work experience, occupation, language ability, age and education.

Each factor is assigned a score and added together for a final Comprehensive Ranking System score. Those with the highest scores are the most likely to receive an invitation to apply for permanent resident status.

One of the major benefits of Express Entry is, as the name implies, that a candidate’s final applications for PR will be processed more quickly than other economic immigration programs. IRCC has a published service standard of six months for 80% of all Express Entry applications. The remaining 20% may take longer in complex cases.

Get a Free Express Entry Assessment

Express Entry,Category-based selection draw,cec,CRS,fstp,fswp,immigrate to Canada,ita

Lien source Click below


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *