𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 !!! 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗦, 𝗪𝗘’𝗥𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗡 𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗨𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗜𝗙 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗔𝗬 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗚𝗥𝗢𝗨P
Cinnamon Apple Cake
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 cup (approximately 1 large) red apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Greek yogurt
- Cinnamon topping
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Sugar glaze
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8 or 9 inch round cake tin with baking or parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Add chopped apple and stir briefly to combine.
In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla, oil and yoghurt. Whisk briefly just to break up the egg yolks.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix with a wooden spoon until combined – but be careful not to over mix. Spoon batter into prepared tin.
To make cinnamon topping, combine cinnamon, sugar and butter. Mix together until lumpy and wet. Sprinkle over cake batter.
Bake cake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze, mix together sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Stir until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of milk. Drizzle glaze all over the cake.
Trust me! You’re missing a lot if you haven’t joined this group yet Momma’s Home Cooked