- °1 lb. minced meat
- °1 small yellow onion, cut into cubes
- °1 small green pepper, cut into cubes
- °8 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
- °2 tablespoons of ketchup
- °2 to 4 tablespoons A1 sauce depending on how strong you want the flavor
- °Half a teaspoon of salt
- °Half a teaspoon pepper
- °1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- °1 cup beef broth
- °8 oz provolone cheese
- °6 hamburger buns in sesame seed bakery
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and cook with the crumbles until no longer pink. Drain the grease.
Return the beef to the skillet, then add the onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion has softened.
In a separate small bowl, combine beef broth and cornstarch. Whisk until no lumps remain. Pour the broth over the meat and stir well.
Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, A1 sauce, and salt and pepper. stir well. Let it cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.
A1 sauce has a strong flavour. Start with 2 tablespoons of the sauce and increase to 4 tablespoons if you want the meat mixture to be bolder in flavour.
Turn off the fire to the stove. Add the provolone slices to the top of the meat and let it melt.
Serve the meat and cheese mixture on a sesame seed bun.